Trolltech today announced that it had released betas of version 4.3 of Qt, its cross-platform C++ toolkit, and Qtopia Core, the version for embedded Linux devices such as PDAs and mobile phones. New features include:
- Native Windows Vista support
- Much improved OpenGL support
- More flexible main window class
- SSL support (previously only available as a commercial Qt Solution)
- SVG generation
- Speed optimisations, accelerated graphics API improvements, font sharing and OpenGL ES support in Qtopia Core
There is a What's New page with more details, including screenshots, and another in the Qt 4.3 documentation. Downloads are available, under a special evaluation licence, here. A release candidate is expected at the end of April, the final version in early June.