From KDE Apps:
Version 1.0.1 of K3b, the CD and DVD ripping and burning application for KDE, has been released. Changelog:
- Fixed crash when using the Device menu without a selected device.
- Fixed DVD copy when reading from a DVD+RW.
- Fixed --without-alsa configure check
- Fixed a crash in Video DVD ripping when the title does not contain an audio stream
- Only use the mkisofs parameters -biblio, -copyright, and -abstract if they have been set. Using them
with invalid values (empty) seems to result in broken iso images sometimes.
- Better compatibility with recent transcode development branch
- Fixed Multisession import size handling.
- Fixed Lame quality preset handling.
- Made libk3bdevice really thread-safe. This fixes the disabled DMA bug!
- New configure check --without-cdrecord-suid-root to disable K3b's check for cdrecord permissions.
Although not recommended it is requested by many distributors.
- Changed the order of the buttons in the tool dialogs to match the KDE order.
- Added handling of the newly introduced genisoimage parameter -allow-limited-size
- Make the K3b Sox audio encoder plugin work with newer sox versions (Thanks, Stephan.)
Screenshots here, downloads (source, links to various distro binaries) here. Requires KDE 3.2.
A German book on K3b called "K3b kompakt", by Markus Priemer, has also been released. The 130-page book costs €16.80 and is available from Bomots Verlag.